– You need to pay a £5 fully-refundable deposit.
– Any amount you put on the card and don’t use will be refunded to you when you return your card to a ticket booth.
– No expiration date.
– Can always refill the amount at kiosks in every station.
– There is a cap on how much you get charged per day, in order to avoid accidentally overpaying (how nice of them!). I believe it’s £7 for zones 1-2 (meaning, if you travel a LOT in the city in one day, you will not get charged more than a total of £7 for that day, regardless). It really helps, there have been days where we’ve used the Underground multiple times a day.
- London Tube survival guide (matadornetwork.com)
- A simple day in London (briannaleilani.wordpress.com)
- Public Transport (nicksdrewe.wordpress.com)
- London Day 1 (grahamandandrea.wordpress.com)